Space Hulk preordered

Yes, I did it. Until yesterday I resisted and tried to act rational. I was arguing with other players on blogs on their feel towards the game and the price. But my mind was already looking for ways to justify the exorbitant investment of EUR 78,-

See- it's 12 Terminators and Genestealers in unique poses and you can play them with your Deathwing and you have a Tyranid army anyway... Besides they really look cool. And you never had the rules for Spacehulk- other boardgames are expensive too. Maybe you can get them on Maelstromgames with 15% off and even if not- shipping is free...

But what finally did it, was the thinking about the good times I had when playind Spacecrusade with my brother and friends when we were kids. Only this time I plan to paint them and my children will someday play it (if they care- but hey they got my genes- right?).#

On a sidenote: Anyone thought about the scale of the models yet? Who sais they are even 28mm heroic and thereby compatible to 40k?
edit: Thanks to G we found out- they are most likely in scale. (http://www.dicelikethunder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1486)






Pictures are courtesy of GW.

Comments

Tristan M said…
Great point about the scale. Might have to call a GW.
Schaferlord. said…
Supposedly they are to scale, someone on the internet phoned GW and was told so.
Cannonfodder said…
@Schaferlord: If that is true, that would be good news.

@Tristan: Can you find out if that's correct?
Andy - bG said…
If you look on this link
http://www.dicelikethunder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1486
there is an image of one of the models being handled - unless the person is a complete freak then the scale is definitely the standard 30mm of GW
Cannonfodder said…
Thanks G, that really looks like it. So I can relax :D
Akenseth said…
I was holding back purchasing this because I wasn't sure of the scale. I'm going to have to order now. Thanks guys!
Cannonfodder said…
You're welcome. I feel some Space Hulk painting contest coming up.
Space Crusade is legendary. I still play it. Now with my son. I've ordered Space Hulk to introduce him to that as well. It's a passing of the baton so to speak!
Cannonfodder said…
cool to hear. I chopped up all my spacecrusade models way back when starting chaos army.