Why there are no news

To make it short I can say that I am rather spent these days. There are several reasons- Nr. 1 being that I made a decision to get back into shape before my wedding which is coming up in July. Therefore I started the bodyforlife-program two months ago and this means that I am in the gym every other day and do cardio the others. This happens in the time, I normaly spend on the hobby- (8:30 pm to 10:00) so it is the mainreason for the little progress.

On the other side, there are the things that just kill my motivation- namely I have bought a house. Since this will most likely be the only house I will have in my life on this wonderfull planet (Europeans do it like this), I will make it exactly what I want. This means it has to be renovated. and the process of getting all the prices in takes it's time. I am speaking of new floors, ripping out walls, installing new kitchen, bathroom,... So I spend a lot of time in "home improvement shops" on weekends and in discussions afterwords because everyone seems to know exactly how to do it. Don't get me wrong- I love a good insight but it seems that every professional does it differently and insists, that his way is the only one leading to success. So I am left back scratching my head and having a hard time making decissions.

My fiance is a great support these days but we are getting tired of all the organizing so tensions go up from time to time- especially when the little ones are giving us some nuts to crack concerning their upbringing. I don't want them to suffer under my current stress and that's why I try to give them more time with their dad on weekends. So no painting again.

The upcoming weedding also demands for a lot of preparations. We have found our dream location (a beatifull litle castle in our area) but still have not decided if it will take place there- mainly because of the costs conected to it. I really got to take care, that this year doesn't kill my finances and this troubles me.

This way I have lost about a month of painting by now- which wouldn't be a bad thing if it weren't for my comissions. I have not finished my Vostroyan job by now and my client is getting a little cutty. So what do I do? I will get myself together and get back into it. One thing will be discipline and the other one movivation.

I have decided to paint up one model (picure of Azrael shows my inspiration- not my painting)which I wanted to do for a long time for myself and get me on the painting table that way. I sure hope this will give me the kick to get back into it again.

Whish me luck!

Comments

Col. Corbane said…
Never apologise for making your kids life better mate. We'll still be here when life calms down.

Good luck with the life projects!
Brent said…
...he's right.

We will.

That's a bit sad.

Joking aside, Corbane said it best, and you only get this time in your life once.

Grats sir - Brent
Cannonfodder said…
Thank you for the kind words. Of course my children will always come first- then my fiance then myself, then my job and then the hobby (forgot to put firends in between there somewhere) ^^
sovietspace said…
I admire your priorities mate :) All too often I find that painting or arranging games/trips to the pub and other fun things get in the way of me doing the things I should. Well done on having the required self control!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your Azrael. Its a lovely sculpt, good luck with it!
Michael said…
You have to do what is best for you and your family my friend, and it seems that you are. So congratulations to you.

I struggle with the same kinds of things, graduate school, family, hobbies, work. It adds up. but when I finally get the time to sit down and enjoy some painting, it really makes it more fun.

keep fighting the good fight Fodder!