Building a better Spacecrusade (6)


I have some thoughts on the guns of the dreadnought and want your opionion...




I am currently modeling the upper torso but already now think about how the weapons of the dread will look. I could go the easy way and just take the spacemarine sized versions- this would also help with new players reckognizing them. On the other side it is a big beast with more room and chaotic on top. I think I would rather go the long way and give him bigger, more chaotic versions of the weapons and while doing so, change the apperance of the guns alltogether. I made some sketches to work with last night- what do you think?

Can I even go so far to replace an Assault cannon with a twinlinked autocannon?
sketches on the dreadnought conversion

Comments

Tristan M said…
I don't even think you should use an assault cannon - the old one looks more like an autocannon to me, and chaos generally is stuck with autocannons. They are usually bigger so that could help.

I think I would like any change from the old missile launcher style - lol.

check this out - I found it just googling for the original picture, pretty cool conversion!
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Crusade/ar/t5057.htm
Cannonfodder said…
Thanks for the link. The problem with the spcecrusade dread is the size. It is rather tricky to get him on a 50mm square base and therefor needs to be rather compact. As for the missile launcher- I will definitely replace it with something- not totally sure what although. For the assaultcannon I will just dig in my box and see what I come up with.